Tuesday 2 December 2014

Glen Keane animates a scene

I've found this 3 part video lecture given by Glen Keane to the students at Cal Arts. Glen is has been animating at Disney since the 1970s and has supervised characters such as Ariel, The Beast and was a directing animator on my favourite of the recent Disney films, Tangled.

This is a fascinating and fantastic opportunity to watch a true master at work and I love seeing how rough his drawings are. I felt put off animation when I was younger as I was scared I could never match up to the standards of the cleaned up drawings you see on screen. Had I known then that the animators worked roughly and didn't do their own clean up perhaps I would have given it, and myself,  more of a change as a teenager. Anyway I've found my way to animation now and videos like this help to inspire and teach.



No comments:

Post a Comment